Sunday, October 15, 2006

Lake Naivasha

My father was recently in town and I had the opportunity to go with him to a conference on lake Naivasha, a large lake located about two hours north west of nairobi. It was great to be able to relax by a bit of water, have some great local food, and meet a lot of great people. One night while sitting and having dinner we were joined by two women, Lydia and Keanu. We started talking about Kenya and why we were there, and my father mentioned that we lived here for several years when I was a tike, to which they asked me what my kikuyu name was. I told them I didn't have one, so they proceeded to give me one: kamau. I asked what it meant and they said they didn't know, but with a little research I discovered that it means 'quiet warrior', an apt name as anyone who knows me would surely attest:)!

Photos: Naivasha

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how did they pick it?

Anonymous said...

a better name for you.. how about Papaya...