Saturday, June 10, 2006

Lille Europe

Well, after missing the first train, I was lucky to get a seat on the next train to Lille and got going about 2hrs later. Unfortunately, we had to swith trains half way to Lille due to technical problems, but I did finally make it about 2 1/2hrs behind schedule.

My friend Becky very graciously met me at the train station and gave me a wonderful tour of the city. We saw a lot of old squares and narrow streets, the old stock exchange, and an interesting building with a few cannon-balls still embedded in the outter wall, where we had some very strong coffee.

After coffee, we had a fabulous and leisurely pizza-esque meal, the name of which escapes me. Much to my surprise, the sun didn't really set until almost 11pm, which gave the day a much slower pace. We spent the next day doing some more walking around, checked out the Citadel, and soaked up some sun in the park, before I headed back to England that night. Thankfully the ride back was much less eventful.

Photos: Lille

1 comment:

RebeccaP said...

Flammekeuche! And when did you snap that photo of me?