Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wrapping Up Oxford

Well it's been a great few days in Englad. I've been able to see a few new cities I've never been to, get in lots of sleeping, catch up with a couple old friends and meet several new ones. For those looking for a relatively sleepy town, with a decent number of character ridden pubs and cafes, I'd recommend spending a few days in Oxford. It has a nice pace to it.

We had a pretty fun and relaxed day around Oxford yesterday. Rikki, Greg and I spent the day wandering around, stopped in the Three Goats Heads pub for a drink, narrowly avoided a flash downpour by ducking into Cafe Loco for a spot of tea, and went punting.

I spent most of today just wandering the streets, getting lost and finding my way, admiring the buildings and relaxing in the park with 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being'.

One of the activities I have been enjoyed taking part in, to my own surprise, is watching all of the World Cup 'football' games. Somewhat to my embarassment, although not really, all of the English folks that I've met know much more about all of the US players/team than I do. I have to admit it was a bit disappointing to see the US get destroyed by the Czech Republic the other night.

Tomorrow I'm off to Turkey and the beginning of a bit more culture shock.

Photos: Oxford

No comments: