Sunday, April 16, 2006

Almost done with Gear

Every time I think I have all my gear, a few more things pop up, but im pretty confident that I'll be done after next week. This weekend brought a few more goodies. To help keep all my money and important docs safe and concealed I picked up the Eagle Creek Undercover Deluxe Security Belt. With coolmax and hi-tech anti-microbial material, we'll see how it holds up.

To help keep all of my soap, tooth-paste, pills, etc organized, I picked up the Nalgene Travel Bottle Kit. I've also done some research on soaps that would be easy to take, that could be used to wash my skin, hair and any clothes or dishes in a pinch. All of the soaps I've come across seem to be pretty much the same: concentrated enough to use on dishes/clothes, but 'sensitive' enough for skin, as well as biodegradable. The consensus so far seems to be that Campsuds is the standard.

I was wondering what to do for a watch/alarm clock, since I haven't really worn one for the last 4 years. Luckily my dad helped me solve this problem by graciously donating a watch he no longer needed, the La Crosse Technology K2-100; a super fancy watch with altimeter, thermometer, and barometer.

No comments: