Sunday, April 02, 2006

Misc. Gear

Now that the big ticket items are all taken care of, it's time to start filling in the gaps with all of the small stuff. I snagged a nifty little spork, by Light My Fire, with a built in knife. Cheap, durable, knife, fork, spoon all in one utensil.

For post-shower dryoff I picked up an REI MultiTowel Lite: an ultralight, super absorbant, quick-drying towel made of microfiber. To organize all of my toiletries I picked up the REI Deluxe Shower Kit: compact, hook for hanging, mirror for shaving, mesh pockets for organization, and removable zippered pouch to carry a few items on short trips.

For the long desert jaunts in the middle of nowhere I've got the MSR Cloudliner Hydration Reservoir for sipping and the Nalgene Wide-Mouth Cantene for holding extra water if need be. Both are made of taste free plastic, and when empty pack down very small. To make sure the water doesn't kill me I'm taking the MSR MIOX Water Purifier, a purifier that uses and electrical current to kill 99% of viruses, bacteria, Giardia and Cryptosporidium.

No comments: