Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Visas and Vaccinations

I spent a fair amount of time over the last few days figuring out what I needed to do regarding visas for all my destinations as well as what vaccinations I needed to get. I used the CDC Travelers' Health site to get a rough idea of what I might need. After contacting the local Colorado Springs Health Department, it looks like I'm going to need the full gamut of shots: polio, MMR, tetanus, typhoid, meningitis, hep A/B, yellow fever.

As for visas, the US State Department site does a good job of providing the entry requirements for most if not all countries. I was anticipating lots of visa related headaches, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. For a few destinations (greece, croatia, south africa, thailand), no visa is needed for stops less than 90 days; for a few others (bali, kenya, turkey, nepal), I can pick up a visa upon arrival; and for the remainder (india, vietnam, cambodia), I'll have to pickup visas at their respective embassy's somewhere along the way.

No comments: