Saturday, July 15, 2006

Back in Istanbul

Its been a hectic last few days. Having spent a while traveling together it was time to leave Goreme and part ways with the folks I met on the blue cruise. We parted ways wednesday, with Kristen and Fernando heading west again to Pamukkale and then on to Greece, Andrew on his way to Syria and Kayley and I sharing a bus back to Istanbul with her continuing on to Switzerland/Germany.

Unfortunately, the Kebab I powered down before hopping on the bus back to Istanbul decided to make a second appearance several hours into the ride and resulted in several vomiting sessions on the bus in the wee hours of the morning. Lucky for all of us on board the elderly turkish man and his son sitting next to me had some spare plastic bags, so things didn't end up on the floor.

In any case, food poisoning and the inability to keep down any food/liquid has keep me fairly incapacitated for a couple of days, but I think I'm at the tail end now. I thought I'd make it out of Turkey without incident, but hopefully this will fortify my stomach a bit for the next country.

I did manage to visit the Topkapi Palace yesterday, but unfortunately some remnant lethary prevented me from taking any photos. I'll get back to that soon enough.

The next couple of days will be pretty laid back, but I am going to try and squeeze in a traditional turkish bath before heading out to meet my mom in Bulgaria.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You haven't taken a bath yet?!? EW!