Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bulgaria

After 4 1/2 weeks in Turkey it was finally time to take off and head towards Croatia. After a 12hrs on a bus, and 4hrs stuck crossing the border into Bulgaria, I finally arrived in Sofia where I have been taking it easy and catching up with my mom who is here on business for a few days. I have to admit, its been quite nice to stay in a hotel, have a nice piping hot shower, big meals with pork, and pretty much do nothing. We did manage to get out and go see 'Pirates of the Caribbean' last night, which was fun...I've still got to catch 'Superman' though.

Mom was nice enough to bring me a fresh supply of books to keep me busy for a while: Blindness by Jose Saramago, and The Arabs and The Africans both by David Lamb. I also managed to get a copy of Shantaram from Audible.com, which should keep me busy for a while. I'll post reviews as I finish the books.

I'll wrap up my time in Bulgaria in the next couple of days and head through Serbia and Bosnia over to Croatia and then work my way up the coast an into Slovenia over the next several weeks, at least that's the plan so far...

No comments: