Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Photo Recovery

Every now and then something happens to your memory card, you pull it out too early, static charge maybe, who know, but all of a sudden all of those photos that you've taken over several weeks are gone. Luckily this hasn't happend to me yet, but it has happened to several people I know. For those of you that may run into this problem I wanted to let you know about a great photo recovery tool, that my buddy Tien found: Photorec. Photorec does an amazing job of doing a low level scan of your memory card to search for photos. Unfortunately, the interface is DOS based, but it is pretty straight forward and easy to figure out. Hopefully this will save a few of you in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Seth,

Its Jordan form Louisiana. We met in Instanbul. I've been enjoying reading your sight. Not 24hrs after we had the memory card conversation, mine crashed and I lost all my photos. Thanks for posting this program. I'm going to check it out first thing when I get back to the States. Hope you're trip is going well. Take care.

Jordan