Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Leaving Turkey

I have to say that I was somewhat sad to finally be leaving Istanbul; I had finally started to get the hang of things and know my way around, and it had become fairly comfortable with a small group of friends, familiar restaurants, and that comfortable starbucks;). Before Leaving I decided it was time to finally buy my first souvenier and upon Adam's suggestion, picked up a set of onyx worry beads from the grand bazaar. I have to admit that the beads have already proven their worth in distracting my mind when necessary.

Adam and I also took advantage of one more turkish bath on my last day in town, one that I'm sorry to say was both more expensive than and not as good as the first. The wash was quick but still resulted in a good shedding of rolls of dead skin. The massage only lasted about 5 minutes, and during my masseur's unnecessary preoccupation with my left leg, I swear I heard my left knee cap cracking against the marble. As you can see, the masseurs were just as happy about the experience as Adam and I.

My experience in turkey, the places I saw, the people I met, the food I ate, were amazing and I can safely say that it is a place I plan to visit again in the future.

1 comment:

admorriso said...

i went to cemberlitas hamam before i left and was once again disappointed. an expensive and worthless massage. the first hamam was by far the best experience.