Saturday, September 02, 2006

Milan

I was luckily able to find a relatively cheap (40euro) flight from Milan back to Istanbul and so after my fun, brief stint in Cinque Terre I hoped an early morning train to Milan. Despite being some what invigorated by the hikes around Cinque Terre I was still pretty exhausted when I reached Milan and the plan was originally to take it easy and do nothing. Instead, I met a great pair of girls fresh off the plane and in Milan for 2 nights before starting study abroad in Florence.

Being worn out of tourist mode I gave my camera up to the girls for photo taking. I tagged along with them and we wandered the city for a few hours, through squares, and parks, long narrow alley ways and streets lined with uber-expensive shops before we came across a quaint little cafe. We split a bottle of wine and enjoyed the free happy hour tapas and spent the evening chatting about travel, studying, people, relationships, music, and a refreshing array of other topics.

After a few yawns and a check of the watch to see that it was 1am, we said our good-byes and headed to sleep. I arose early the next morning to head to the airport for the flight back to Istanbul.

Photos: Milan

No comments: