Friday, September 01, 2006

Video: Florence

I have to admit that leaving Venice after several days of rest, to get back on the road of travel was a bit more difficult than I had expected and I wasn't really in the mood to do much touristing/walking once I got there. As a result I spent a fair amount of time drinking coffee, catching up on journal writing, and finishing off another book.

Stepping off the train I was fortunate to meet a trio from Hong Kong traveling around europe, and I tagged along with them to their hostel and was able to snag a bed. This is the first time I've ever really traveled without making any hostel reservations, planning what I'm going to see, etc. While being somewhat nerve-racking at times, mostly it's been very liberating.

Florence is definately American tourist central. I heard far more American accents there than in Venice (which surprised me), I think in part because it is a very popular 'study abroad' destination. In fact I met a young American from NYU, in an internet cafe, who was fresh off plane to spend a year studying in Florence. We spent the day chatting and walking around, which I would have done otherwise, and I used the opportunity to snag a few obligitory photos.

Photos: Florence


No comments: